Cavendish Labs Diagnostics Fellowship
Cavendish Labs offers a fellowship for exceptional early-career researchers to work with us on a meaningful project in diagnostics development. This is a very exciting field; we're optimistic that developing a cheap, reliable, and general test platform would change the way people think about disease. Come work with us to make the unbelievably great future a reality!
Below are some requirements, as well as benefits we might like to see from applicants. Note that the most important characteristics are curiosity, optimism, an ability to learn, and a desire to do meaningful work, which are more important than anything else.
What we're looking for
- Help us build the magic lamp
- Help run the wet lab
- Develop and maintain collaborations with other diagnostics researchers
- Solid knowledge of undergrad biology/biochemistry
- Research fellows will live with us in the lab in rural Vermont
Optional but might be helpful
- Wet-lab experience
- Experience with LAMP/PCR/related methods
- Practice with DIY engineering and prototyping
- Enjoyment of hiking—this is, after all, Vermont
- Join a tight-knit research community in the bucolic northeast
- $1500/month grant on top of food and lodging
- Very flexible duration, from a few weeks to months
- We do lots of fun things outside of research, such as exploring the nearby towns, running outreach programs, hang-gliding from Mount Ascutney, and hosting gravity chess championships. You're welcome to join us in all these things, and you'll have the funding and opportunity to run your own!
Our Hiring Process
In a new, important, and rapidly developing field, we at Cavendish Labs are looking for talented researchers with a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. If you are unsure if you are "the right person" for this fellowship, we highly encourage you to apply!